Pool sessions
Kuviasuktok
2008-02-17 16:02:35 UTC
Just wondering if there's any advice out there on making pool sessions
less onerous as far as clean up etc.afterwards. It may be just me but
I found after the rescue pool session last week to be a bit of a pain
in the sense I had to get the boat and gear washed and dried out. PFD
and skirt etc wasn't an issue as that can be rinsed in the shower but
hatch covers and cockpit also should be washed out(?) I store my boat
in an unheated garage and if left wet I'm afraid of mould etc
forming. Could a water hose, for example, in the Aquarena be arranged
for doing the washing on the pool deck?

Thanks
Tony R :-)
TonyLee
2008-02-17 22:30:50 UTC
Post by Kuviasuktok
Just wondering if there's any advice out there on making pool sessions
less onerous as far as clean up etc.afterwards.  It may be just me but
I found after the rescue pool session last week to be a bit of a pain
in the sense I had to get the boat and gear washed and dried out.  PFD
and skirt etc wasn't an issue as that can be rinsed in the shower but
hatch covers and cockpit also should be washed out(?)  I store my boat
in an unheated garage and if left wet I'm afraid of mould etc
forming.  Could a water hose, for example, in the Aquarena be arranged
for doing the washing on the pool deck?
Thanks
Tony R :-)
Actually Tony there is a hose located down under the diving boards.
Its there for that very reason to rinse off your kayak and gear before
and or after.
Squidink
2008-02-23 20:09:34 UTC
geesh, and years later....... that's good to know.