March 20, 2008: Cold Water Immersion 7:30 PM Guv'nor Pub on Elizabeth Ave
Kayak Newfoundland And Labrador
2008-03-16 13:11:28 UTC
March 20, 2008: Cold Water Immersion
7:30 PM Guv'nor Pub on Elizabeth Ave
Sea temperatures around the coast of this province are rarely over 10
degrees and in the spring and summer can be less than 5 degrees, how
prepared are you for a swim? Join us for a discussion on cold water
immersion, paddling clothing, signs of hypothermia, its treatment and
prevention. The speakers will be Graham Small, an instructor at the
Marine Institute Off Shore Safety and Survival Centre and Michael
Pretty from the Canadian Red Cross. For more information contact Sue
Duffett at duffetts at hotmail.com or 895-2825
m***@mail.gov.nf.ca
2008-03-16 22:54:29 UTC
I'll be there, even though I'm very careful about cold water. (I wear
a dry suit always, even in summer.) Our water temperatures are among
the coldest in the world for a place where people usually paddle.This
can be a matter of life & death. Don't get twisted. Just get ready.

Malcolm